Teaching A New Yoga Class


Well today i started teaching a new class. I have to say my heart feels so warm and my energy feels so high when i leave from teaching my classes. Not only do i really love and care about my students but i feel i get so much back from them. It truly is a blessing to living a lifestyle and doing a job that you love so deeply. 

I already teach a class at this gym in the evening which i love teaching just as much! 
Today when walking into the room i sat down on my mat for a few moments waiting for everyone who will be taking the class to come in. By the time i came to introduce myself I had a good feeling and idea of what they wanted to achieve. Yes you got it FITNESS as its a fitness gym ha. They were very strong and fit, so when i tested the water in plank pose (especially taking note of alignment) i knew these students could work safely and strongly.

So things went a little different to what i had planned originally as you can imagine. The other class i do at this gym i started them from basics and have worked up to the stronger postures that need care with alignment. They now do the postures lovely and we are working on staying in them for more breaths. We still have so much to cover and do and as we know as yogis, yoga is a life time practice not just getting the postures then you have done it all! This class will probably become the most physical yoga class i will now be teaching. Its very excited to get different people and capabilities.

My love and practice of vinyasa flow will most definitely be seeping through very soon when all the basics are in tune.  

Apart from that i wanted to share with you, yogi's and yoga lovers my u-tube channel (I am new to the whole thing-but wanted to share YOGA with the world). I have most recently began uploading u-tube yoga videos.

I am at the moment doing a 30 day chair challenge. I was inspired to do this by one of my closest friends and i hope that it could become useful for you or someone you know or just pass it on. This is the first challenge, many more videos to come through the year i am sure. And i would love people to comment and possibly make suggestions or requests! 

The video link starts at day one.....
But we are now on day 6!!!!
Share, Share, Share Yoga x

I do encourage to do a warm up yourself to get the body ready for the postures in the videos, they are not to long the videos either :-)

Love, light and health to you all xxxxx  

1 comment:

  1. "Health is wealth. Peace of mind is happiness. Yoga shows the way." - Swami Vishnu-devananda
    Grateful for your morsels of wisdom, patience and tenderness. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...