Feeling Tired? This will wake you up!

Good afternoon :-)

Busy busy day today, actually i have started the new year very motivated and productive. "Why would i not start 2013 all go?" I hear you say. Well i have days i want to rest and sleep, sometimes all day long! But i have to admit this is less and less and i believe it is because of a few simple dietary changes i have made. 
Before Christmas i went into the health shop after having to go on a very strong dose of antibiotics (and i really do not like prescribed medication.) I quickly realised my immune system had been compromised and seek ed advice and herbal remedies (which is more my kind of natural cure.) 

During my trip to the herbal store the owner got talking to me and told me of the alkaline diet, so i did begin to adopt some of the simple tips and i went away and did more research. Since then i have come across the 'Raw Diet'. It to has very similar ideas and i do really feel a difference in myself, my energy, my mental energy and my motivation. 

The main thing that i have been turning to when i feel a tired lapse coming, and this might seem strange to some ... but its hot fresh lemon water.

I am also having lots of fruit and vegetables that i have been putting into a smoothie. As well as huge amounts of salads at times also. 

I have been told the affects of lemons many times before by Dr Donn Brennan (Ayurveda practitioner) 
Here is the link for the practise and details.
So i could relate the lemons to the digestive fire. If you have a sluggish, weak digestive fire have lemons. Ginger is also very good. It will get the digestive fire burning also, which is another language for will help your digestive system get stronger and work better, helping to making the PH level balanced. Simple but very true and effective so drink those lemons and squeeze them over your salads.

I have to admit that i have not turned totally raw as i am very much still open minded and will be studying the Ayurveda diet this year as it goes very closely with yoga. But i do believe we are all different and if our body is very acid it will have an effect on the way we function. A huge factor that will make our body acid is prescription medication (any) and the antibiotics was my main reason. The lemons although acid, when they enter the body it turns into alkaline (I have had many debates with this fact and i will back it up with a quote and link below).

http://phbalance.wikispaces.com/Lemons+Alkaline%3F


I have posted chair challenge day 8!
The Lovely Warrior II
Yoga can be done every where by anyone.
Namaste





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...