VINYASA, YIN, HATHA, ASHTANGA WHICH ONE DO YOU CHOOSE?

There are so many yoga styles that sometimes it can just be so confusing. 

I began my yoga practise doing Hatha Yoga, i then moved to Ashtanga yoga. I then went onto train in Hatha and at the same time started Vinyasa yoga. Why i was training i carried on doing Vinyasa and Ashtanga Yoga, but then a huge trauma in my life happened and effected my health and in this time my yoga began to become more gentle and i would do a lot of Yin yoga, pranayama and meditation.

Since the traumatic event (this showed me what stress does to the body) and my health slowly going down the drain, a few years later and my healthy started to slowly and gently make a recovery. In this time i still felt the need for something slower and more nurturing. I continued with Vinyasa and Yin but i never did get any feeling of wellness/stillness like i used to before. I then lost interest in today's Vinyasa Yoga due to it not giving me that feeling of stillness and my interest went back to Hatha Yoga. But most lately (keeping in mind that i am still on the mend health wise) i have training in viniyoga, and i intend to do more, so i am sure you get the idea that it has something special, as it makes you feel that stillness and union. But the other day my interest has also fluttered back to Ashtanga after doing two classes i have felt an over whelming change. Yes i am more tired, i have come out in spots but i know for sure that my body is cleansing. These styles of yoga that come from proper studied yogis are the types of yoga we should be doing not the ones that are being made up all over the place. Yoga is not about getting fit and using it as an external fix, Yoga is about reaching enlightenment. The yoga that comes from years ago is done in a certain way, sequence and they are done in this order/way/style for a reason.

 Yoga dates back centuries and some of the findings in yoga texts are only now making sense to science. The yogis centuries ago knew things that scientists are only learning now. Doesn't this tell us something. Of Course you don't have to be a genius to figure it out.

So what am i trying to say, well after years and years of practising yoga and trying all most every style that i can i have come back to the original structures and teachings because they are the only styles that make me feel in unison and i feel work correctly. These styles have evolved through Hatha Yoga and great teachers/gurus have passed them on to students or yogis. 

We are always trying to fix things that are not broken, always trying to make something what it is not. If we know it works stick with it! Why waste time doing something that has no substance or history. 

So on that note my yoga practice is always evolving always changing and we never stop learning that's for sure!

Take one day at a time! Look after yourself. For what you do today will shape your tomorrow!

Namaste Yogis.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...